It seems like every year, we make grandiose summer plans only to be blindsided by the fact that Labor Day is just around the corner. If you are like me and you are now beginning to notice that you barely have a summer glow and the only trip you took was to the grocery store, believe it or not, there is still time to enjoy an amazing summer in Colorado! Below is a list of five things you can still do before the temperatures drop and Pumpkin Spice lattes become your morning must-have.
1. Rock out at Red Rocks! Some of the top headliners are set to hit the stage include John Legend, One Republic, Kings of Leon and Tom Petty.
2. Climb a fourteener. Grays Peak, Torres Peak and Mount Massive are all great hikes – Though they may sound intimidating, there are so many resources for us to have a successful and exhilarating climb. Stop by REI and talk to a professional about the gear that you will need and always bring a hiking buddy!
3. Enjoy the serenity and beauty of the Denver Botanic Gardens.
4. Take your pooch swimming at Pirate’s Cove in Englewood on Saturday, September 8th. The water park will remain open for dogs of all breeds and sizes to doggie paddle and compete in various contests. Many of the proceeds will go to Freedom Service Dogs. To learn more about this event, please visit the website, www.freedomservicedogs.org.
5. Going to the Zoo has never been more exciting with the 17th Annual Brew at the Zoo on September 12th. Enjoy food and drinks from over 40 local breweries and 20 restaurants while you tour the Denver Zoo. Tickets are still available!
Plus, don't forget to join us on Thursday, August 28th at 6PM for our Pool Party! We will have music, food and drinks from Deep Eddy Vodka. See you there!